Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Random Warm Fuzzies and Meetings

Wow, a bunch of you are really lurkers. If you scroll down just a little ways, you will see that my last post got zero comments, making me feel as if I wasn't read at all, but it seems that everyone knew my situation at Church when I missed class. Thank you for reading, even if you are awfully quiet.

I really did feel your prayers, by the way. Friday was horiffic, as I spent most of my time either asleep or in agony. By Friday night, however, I became convinced that I wouldn't die. Saturday wasn't wonderful, but it was a tip toe through tulips compared to Friday. Slowly on Sunday, I began to feel like the human I should be. I'm still sniffling and have a scratchy throat, but I really feel like your prayers went a long way in getting me up and on my feet.

Ironically, it was in your midst that I felt myself climbing over the hump. There was a specific moment at the Fall Festival (I think it was about the 36th time Maggie Dye got in line to bob for apples [okay, by that time, it was bobbing for whatever candy would float]) that I smiled at how cute the kids were and suddenly realized that I was lost in the rush of others happiness. I hadn't thought about how sick I was for more than an hour. I hate to steal from Wade, but it is amazing how focusing on others helps us to overcome our own self focus.

Sunday is going to be busy. Eric and I are teaching this Sunday morning on how to use technology for evangelism (Read: Eric is teaching on this while I will make a couple of comments about post modernity). In between class and church service, there is a quick leadership meeting. Immediately after church service, there is a quick nursury meeting. Immediately after church service (but hopefully not as immediately as the nursury meeting) there is a not at all quick adult education meeting. It is certainly a good thing that I draw so much strength and happiness from all of you, because I'm certainly going to be seeing a lot of you this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home