Sunday, January 14, 2007

So, When does Spring Break Start?

Yeah, I changed my template again.

This post is about two months early, but I was just too excited to wait. Jennifer and I took advantage of our suddenly free Sunday morning today to book our Spring Break vacation. As we have told some of you, we are heading to the Outer Banks of North Carolina in March, home of the Wright Brothers first flight and most of my summer vacations growing up. The reason that we are so excited is because it will be our first trip together sans friends or family since our honeymoon six and a half years ago. Yeah, we would have enjoyed this even if we were going to lovely downtown Hoboken. Visiting the beach makes it all the sweeter. I may do some updates in the weeks and months to come as we prepare our itenerary, but today, would you settle for pictures of our (rented) vacation home?

Here is the front view. It has three levels, and they are all ours for seven days!


Here is the private pool. To the left of the picture you can see the hot tub, and to the right is the "Tiki Bar".

Here is one of the four bedrooms, and the prettiest that I can see from the pictures. It comes with a flat screen TV, because even though we are vacation, Jennifer and I don't ever miss our shows.


On the top level is the "great room", which really looks great if you ask me. It also comes with a beautiful view of the Sound, so we will make sure to get pictures for you. Since there is complementary Hi Speed Internet service, you may get some on site blog entries.

If you can't tell, I'm a little excited about this. BTW, Joanna taught me how to move pictures around in a blog, so this post is dedicated to her.

8 Comments:

Blogger GliterallyScoot said...

That whole huge house is just for ya'll??? Wow! Are you going to leave the house?

PS -- Comic books won't come until Thursday, right? I think I'll just pick up after work that day, so I can get home quicker...

11:03 AM  
Blogger Phylemon said...

I'm not sure about this. While the work of MLK should not go unforgotten, it seems to me that most people outside of the education community paid much attention to the holiday. Comics may be here on Wednesday.

12:35 PM  
Blogger KeeperOfBooks34 said...

I think FedEx & UPS were running Monday. Diamond shows comics tomorrow. Which is Wednesday right now, but that will change.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Phylemon said...

Oh, and to answer your question, Joanna, yes, the whole big house is our for the week! This is the joy of the early spring break that we get. We are technically in the "off season" in Kitty Hawk, so the house is substantially cheaper than it would be if it were warm outside.

12:44 PM  
Blogger GliterallyScoot said...

Cool beans. I am once again waiting on the Mary Kay lady to come pick up her junk on Wednesday around 5, so I'll still be picking up my comics on Thursday this week. Can you please check that Chris pulls stuff from my list (and anything you know I get that he forgot to put on it)? Thanks a ton!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Wade said...

Just wanted to let you know that Kelly and I are coming with you on your trip.

Don't worry though - as big as that house is you'll never see us!

Congrats! Should be great fun for you!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Phylemon said...

Um, yeah . . . We would love to have you and Kelly, Wade. I did mention the not taking a trip together without friends or family since our Honeymoon, right?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kent said...

I hope you come back with stories as good of the ones that you have from your honeymoon.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home