Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The 5 minute post

I have kids coming literally in five minutes, but I need to update. LIfe has started to get in a routine for us lately, which I suppose is good if you like that sort of thing. The mornings seem to start earlier, and the nights end later, so I think I am sleep deprived. Ayway, I preached at Baker Blvd. this last Sunday in a sermon that could only be called "Meh." The idea was clear in my head, but the execution was not as crisp as I would have liked. The general point of it is the realization that once we emerge out of the waters of baptism we are a new creation, even though we still struggle with all the things we struggled with before baptism. In looking at this phenomenon, I felt it important to encourage all of us to be more loving to one another. For so many of us our native language is guilt, and when we see our brothers and sisters struggling with sin we try to "guilt" them out of it instead of encouraging them through the temptations of life. We judge too quickly and to0 easily. I'm a sinner, fallen and beyond hope other than the hope found in the sacrifice of Christ, who am I to look down my nose at you for the struggles you are going through? Take care, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home