Sunday, June 24, 2007

First and Last

Hey, LaRae tagged me! So, here you go.

First and LastFirst Memory: I have a very distinct memory of sitting behind my mother as she drove her school bus (she is a school bus driver, BTW), her coffee slipping from where she placed it, and me catching it in mid-air without spilling a drop.

First Real Kiss: Oh, but there's been so many. In kindergarten, I snuck behind a mirror with a cute girl in a red dress, but I doubt that could be considered "real". I guess we would have to go with my first girlfriend, which would have been 10th grade (yeah, I was a late bloomer). I thought she was going to suffocate me with her tongue.

First Concert: I really think this would have to have been at ACU in Moody Coliseum. Probably Diamond Rio?

First Love: I should go with the pat answer and say Jennifer, but the fact is that I really loved the girlfriend I had a couple of girlfriends before her, Sara. Still, that was nothing compared to Jennifer (First doesn't mean best).

First crush: I already mentioned the cute girl in the red dress from kindergarten, didn't I?

First thing you think in the morning: "When is Jennifer going to turn off that stupid alarm?", which is really a stupid thought on days like today when she is out of town.

First book you remember loving: Probably The Monster at the End of this Book, although I have to give props to the Alfred Hitchock and the Three Investigators series of books, which was the first time I remember really devouring books joyfully.

First pet: Muffin, the toughest cat ever. I can't tell you how many times I saw that cat stand paw to paw with and eventually chase off big dogs.

First question you'll ask in Heaven: (In response to whoever asks their question before me) Who cares? We're in heaven now.

First thing you think of when you hear the word vacation: The Seafoam Motel in Nags Head, NC.

First best friend: Frank Watson. We were in kindergarten together, and he and I shared just about every lunch until he moved to Colorado in the 9th grade.

Last time you dressed up: Define "dressed up". I put a tie on last Sunday, which is dressing up for me nowadays.

Last thing you ate: Whataburger breakfast- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Taquito and a Sausage Breakfast on a Bun.

Last CD you bought: "Hit" by Peter Gabriel and "Greatest Hits 2" by Toby Keith, both for Jennifer on our anniversary.

Last book you read: If comic books don't count, then it was Reviving the Ancient Faith: The Story of Churches of Christ in America by Richard T. Hughes.

Last time you cried: Yeah, it's no surprise that I wear my feelings on my sleeve and cry often enough to make Randy uncomfortable. Oddly, I get misty-eyed every time I see the preview for the movie Hairspray, where you see the kids taking part in a 60's-era protest, but the last time I really cried was when we got the last report about Booger from the vet.

Last movie you saw: I just saw a Bruce Campbell double feature on TV (The Man with the Screaming Brain and Alien Apocalypse), but in a theater I recently saw the second Fantastic Four Movie.

Last time you told someone you loved them: Well, Church was this morning, so I'm sure I told Jesus that I loved him somewhere in there. I told Booger that I loved him just a few moments ago when I checked on him. I told Jennifer that I loved her when she called a few hours ago on her way back. Telling people I love them isn't something I'm overly hesitant to do.

Last really funny thing you did: One of Booger's medical problems is that he has stopped eating, so I've taken to walking around our house with bowls of Booger's food. If he is in the bedroom, I bring him food in the bedroom. If he moves to the living room, I retreive the food from the bedroom and move it to him in the living room. I'm like Kitty Meals on Wheels nowadays.

Last thing you watched on TV: Fox News (currently doing a retrospective on the success of Ron Popeil).

Last Halloween costume: I really have absolutely no memory of the last costume I wore. For last year's fall festival, I wore a black shirt and Jennifer wore an orange one. Does that count?

Last Concert attended: I hate to end with a whimper, but I'm really not a concert goer. If my first concert was Diamond Rio at ACU, then my last one was probably Colin Raye, also at ACU. Is he the guy that did the song with the line, "I like the preacher from the Church of Christ"? I just remember everyone at Moody coliseum singing along and really shouting at that line.

Alright, I guess I will tag Eric and Kent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Funny! Hope Booger is doing better.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home