Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hey, Remember when I used to Blog?

Well, apparently blogging is not like riding a bike. You take a week or so off, and you completely lose the rhythm and before you know it 5 months have gone by and you have done nothing. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have discovered the joys of Facebook, where you can have virtual interaction with dozens of people without dedicating all of the time it takes to compose a blog. Anyway, there is quite a bit that has happened since last I was with you.

1. The Job- I have already mentioned here that in August I started a new position with a new school district. It has been a real change, let me tell you. Moving from Middle School to High School, changing districts, dealing with new people and personalities, and learning a whole new curriculum have made the transition a challenge, but I'm getting the swing of things. There are some truly positive aspects of the job, particulary the opportunity to work with Joanna. It's good to have a friend that you can rely on.

2. Great Wolf Lodge- Jennifer and I had a fun experience with friends a week or so back. Great Wolf Lodge is this really great hotel with an attached indoor water park. The water park was awesome (pictures attached), but I was really blown away by the lodge itself. It was kid-oriented, with the lobby decorated like the wilderness, and since I'm really a kid at heart, I loved it. Because it was the Christmas season it was even more cool, with large Christmas trees and related decor. It was just very warm and inviting, and provided a lot of stress relief during a stressful time.



3. Christmas itself- Speaking of stressful times, Christmas 2008 was not a time of rest. I have lost several hours of sleep playing with all of the wonderful presents I got, including an X-Box 360 (how cool is that?). More than that though, we had a stressful situation on Christmas night itself. Jennifer and I spent the holdiays with her family in Baytown and about 6:30 on Christmas night we heard several loud crashes outside, culminating with one that actually shook the house. Apparently this was with good reason, as a drunk driver had actually driven through the front lawn and into my in-laws' garage. Of course, he hit the garage only after bouncing off my car, causing a bunch of damage and making it undrivable. Luckily, nobody was hurt, even the driver, who fled the scene but was later apprehended after driving into a ditch about a mile away. On a side note, dealing with insurance stuff is never fun.

Okay, it is past my bedtime. I hope you have had the merriest of Christmases, and I will try to write again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Hey, there, just surfing and came across your blog, good stuff. I'm a fellow Christiand and a member of the Warren Church of Christ in Warren, Pennsylvania.

www.onebullandhisheifers.blogspot.com

12:01 AM  
Blogger GliterallyScoot said...

Hey good to see you blogging again. I like how I'm still a "friend you can rely on" when my car eats house keys... :) Good post. :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home